Saturday, December 20, 2008

Post 18


13:42 12 Marpenoth 1375

Larper signs the document and stands alert, waiting for more information.

Dominu reads the document, slowly and in its entirety. Assuming that the document does not put me in a position to do anything that a LN cleric of Kelemvor would find untowards I will eventually sign the document, but not before making it very clear that I find having to sign documents of agreements once I am well into the embarkation to be in very bad form. I would have liked to have know about legal matters (which I take very seriously) before leaving on this journey.

If everything checks out, I sign the document. Unhappily.

Having signed the document, I, too, look forward to receiving substantive information regarding the mission.

Azora looks to the slack-jawed yokels gathered to gawk at the ship, then shrugs and signs.

"Mr. Loudhorn, could you elaborate on the gnomish aviation laws we're to follow to avoid execution? And after, could you point my friends and I to our lodgings so that we might have a little privacy?"

The Admiral's face turns read. His hands hit the table as he stands and the ink well falls over. [in gnomish] "You humans! Your people have requested us to deliver you to the Great Rift safely! And this how you treat us? Your attitude is not welcome here Prelate Dominu. Anymore back talk and you'll find your self scrubbing the deck with our 'holy book.' I would expect more from you, considering the references I have received from your Matriarch! She would be most displeased to hear of your hesitance. Having a priest of death on board is not exactly a good omen! If you are so great perhaps you can summon us some wind to expedite our travel. Or better yet, if you speak for the whole of your church and Silverymoon you must have the power to teleport us there now. But since you have neither of these powers, and therefore not helpful to us, you should just keep your mouth shut. My men are battle hardened and do not take insults lightly. Consider that while on my vessel."

"And you, Sir Azora. Your words are like a slap to my face! Mister? Am I your servant? No. Let's get this one thing straight. While on MY ship you call me Admiral. I will forgive this one transgression, but should your tongue slip again you will find yourself kissing the Gunner's Daughter while my Master-at-Arms teaches you some manners with a cat-o-nine-tails. The pretentious wizard attitude is most unwelcome here. We do not take kindly to Mages especially ones from Thay or Zhentil Keep. Consider yourself warned."

"Before we are too far gone, ask yourselves now: What is more important? Your pride? or, the mission that you have been selected for? Remember what you represent. I doubt the proud dwarves would take your attitudes as leniently as I have, you may end up finding yourselves stuck in one of their gulags."

"Good Sir Larper, please forgive my harsh words. It was you alone who did the right thing."


Eric has been deemed as partial DM while you all are onboard the airship. This is due to his character having such close ties to the location in which you will be spending all of your time on this journey. I will still be the DM and have the final word, but Eric will help with anything regarding the gnomes or the airship including responding and assisting me in writing posts. I hope everyone is OK with that. If not, please take this up with Admiral "Toenail" and he'll set you straight! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment